|Posted by [email protected] on October 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM|
Most of us have a common enemy “Stage Fear” when we do a speech, a presentation or any stage performance for that matter. Here are some simple tips to overcome stage fear. [Source: wiki]
1. Relax yourself – Relax yourself before going to stage. Easing the tension from your body can help you steady your voice and mind. Few things you can do to relax yourself is to hum your voice gently, chewing gums can help you relax your jaws a little but do not too for chew long in an empty stomach.
2. Avoid Caffeine – You may think that Caffeine will help you perform with better energy. But it actually will make you feel more nervous and jittery.
3. Set a stop time for your anxiety – On the day of performance tell yourself that you can be nervous for a certain amount of time, but after a certain hour say 2 PM, all the anxiety will go away. Making this promise to yourself will make you feel better.
4. Laugh as much as you can – Watching a comedy video or cracking jokes with your with your friends will help you laugh maximum. This reduces tension and anxiety.
5. Go early to the venue- Going to the speech/presentation venue will help you to make yourself comfortable with the place. You will feel better if you see the room getting filled up after your arrival rather than walking into a room full of audience.
6. Talk to members in the audience – It is always good to chat with the audience. This will make you realize that the members in the audience are just ordinary people like you and nothing to be feared of.
7. Drink Citrus juice – Drinking citrus juice half an hour before the performance lowers blood pressure and eases your anxiety.
Quote of the week – Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without confidence ~ Hellen Keller